We are looking for interns for the CNFR press room. Interns will provide assistance in the press room and gain valuable real-life public relations skills while making contacts that could be beneficial in their future.
1) Distributing press credentials.
2) Distributing results to attending media.
3) Coordinating interviews with media and contestants.
4) Assist with social media efforts.
5) Keep track of all results and assist with compiling information.
6) Assist with daily press release and agate results sent to approximately 100 different media outlets.
7) Assure that pressroom is open and functional during all appropriate CNFR activities.
8) Help fulfill photo requests from hometown media of competitors.
9) Write at least one feature story.
They need to possess good communications skills, take initiative, and be familiar with Microsoft Word and AP Style.
Anyone interested should send a letter describing his or her qualifications and interest in the position via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please call Susan at (817) 307-6336 or e-mail her.
Interns are expected to attend various functions as requested, adhere to standards of professionalism and wear appropriate attire. This is not a paid position, however, housing and meals at the event will be provided.
This year the CNFR will kick off on Sunday, June 12 at 1 p.m. The full rodeo performances are June 14 – 18. Slack is Monday and Tuesday, June 13 and 14. These will be extremely long days. Interns will work hard, put in long hours, and keep smiling throughout. Along with having a rewarding experience, they will have fun. Interns are expected to be in Casper for contestant orientation on June 11 from noon until 3 p.m. Susan Kanode, Media Consultant, College National Finals Rodeo/Phone: (817) 307-6336